Activate and Manage your Brown ID
Long-term visitors who are at ICERM for at least two weeks will be issued a Brown Sponsored ID card. This ID provides elevator access to the ICERM facility. In addition, your card will allow you to activate your Brown User Account which provides access to Brown's secure wireless network and other university resources.
The following instructions assume you are connected to the Brown University network via wireless (Brown, Brown-Guest, or eduroam).
Activating Your Brown User Account
Visit https://myaccount.brown.edu/activate and follow the instructions to activate your Brown ID card. The basic steps are as follows:
- Enter your Last Name, Date of Birth, and Brown ID number. Your Brown ID number is the nine-digit number above your photo on the Brown ID card.
- Accept Brown's Acceptable Use Policy.
- The system will assign you a username. Make note of this username as you will use it to connect to wireless and login to Brown services like Workday and online library resources.
- Finally, create your Brown user account password.
- You only need to activate your Brown ID card once.
- Postdocs who receive a Brown email address will have to create a second login for Google to access their email. These credentials are different than your Brown directory username and password.
Managing Your Brown Account
Brown's MyAccount portal is available to manage your Brown account. This portal provides a function such as changing your password and modifying two-factor authentication configuration for users who have Duo 2FA enabled.
If you have questions about these instructions or require further assistance, please contact the ICERM IT staff by dropping by the administrative offices or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.